Canon To Nikon Switch

xxWesxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wesleyphotographyshots.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I was originally going to do video, so I chose Canon. Then I realized my real passion was photography, 3 lenses later. Now im really wanting to switch to Nikon. Now there are the adapters that process Cannon lens to Nikon Bodies. Is there any small catches with this? Distortion maybe?

Thanks!
-Wes

I thought it was the other way around. Only adapters to allow Nikon lenses on Canon bodies.
As the width of the Canon lenses are wider than Nikons.

What body are you switch from and what are you switching to?

Astro, that was another question I had. I did find the Cannon lens to Nikon body adapter.

Im switching from Cannon Rebel T3i. Wanting to switch to the D7100 Originally the plan was to upgrade to the Cannon 5D mark iii

SWITCH hahaha. Oh the flashbacks lol

There's apparently an adapter for OLD Canon FD lenses (before EOS) to Nikon
but not for Canon EF lenses.

But then I'm a nikon user so I'm pretty clueless if someone tells me otherwise.

he's wants to move to a d7100. Can't blame him for that :)

Astro, that was another question I had. I did find the Cannon lens to Nikon body adapter.

Im switching from Cannon Rebel T3i. Wanting to switch to the D7100 Originally the plan was to upgrade to the Cannon 5D mark iii

What glass do you have for Canon. It may be easier and better to sell the glass than to trade/sell a T3i.

Are you comparing the 7100 to the 5D mk iii? DX vs FF isn't a fair comparison.

What glass do you have for Canon. It may be easier and better to sell the glass than to trade/sell a T3i.

Are you comparing the 7100 to the 5D mk iii? DX vs FF isn't a fair comparison.

Yeah, the DX Nikon wins.
Ooops .. I mean the FF Canon wins lol
wait .. what are we talking about ?

Canon 1DX for the win!

ULTRA sharp, mmm mmm mmmmmmm

Canon lenses have the lens aperture motor in the lens.
Nikon cameras have the lens aperture motor in the camera body and a mechanical connection between the motor and the aperture in the lens,
So the lens aperture of a Canon lens on a Nikon DSLR would have to be adjusted manually.
If the Canon lenses you have do not have a manually adjustable aperture ring you will not be able to control the lens aperture.

The next issue is that Canon DSLRs have a flange focus distance (FFD) of 44 mm and Nikon DSLRs have a FFD of 46.5 mm.
So the adapter would have to have a glass element in it to allow a Canon lens to be focused to infinity.
The quality, or lack of quality, of that glass element will affect image quality.

So I agree that the best approach is to sell all the Canon gear.

...or get a 7d MKII

Don't mess around with adapters. If you're going to switch then go all in. Don't half-ass it.

Thanks guys! The thing is, Im not really fond of selling all my canon gear. Cause i mean that was my very first DSLR. So i was hoping there would be a adapter that actually used EOS lens on a nikon. Now that i know its impossible. I probably will try and upgrade to the Cannon 7D MKii. I do love the specifics of the camera. Was there a release date as of yet?

Most reactions

Back