Robert Pope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.robertpopephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Folks,

I'm curious about experiences anyone has had with the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens?

I would be using it with 5D cameras so I have the full-sized grab.

Have you been happy with the lens?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

EF-S lenses are only for cropped sensor. YOu cant use it with 5D. You need to buy the EF lenses.

That is correct. The 10-22mm is an EF-S lens, it doesn't provide a big enough image circle to cover the 'full frame' sensor in the 5D. It's meant to be used with Canon cameras with an APS-C sized sensor, which is any of the Rebel cameras, the X0D series or the 7D.

It is possible to modify the 10-20mm, so that it can be used on a camera like yours...but it will cause vignetting.

Other options for your camera would be the;
EF 17-40mm F4 L
EF 16-35mm F2.8 L
There is a new EF 8-14mm fisheye if you want really, super ultra wide.

There are 14mm prime lenses from Canon, Sigma and Tamron that works with the 5D and I believe the Sigma has a 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 lens that also works with your 5D as well.

The first model of Rebel cameras will not accept EF-S lenses, and as I recall the EOS D30,D60, and 10D models are also incompatible with EF-S lenses. Those camera models all hit the streets before the EF-S lens series was introduced. EF-S stands for EF-SHORT back-focus.

The first model of Rebel cameras will not accept EF-S lenses, and as I recall the EOS D30,D60, and 10D models are also incompatible with EF-S lenses. Those camera models all hit the streets before the EF-S lens series was introduced. EF-S stands for EF-SHORT back-focus.

All Digital Rebels will accept EF-S lenses; leaving out only the archaic D30 D60 and 10D.

Canon EF-S lens mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Canon DSLR cameras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most reactions

New Topics

Back