Canon User have a 1 up on Nikon now

Ill agree with you on that one. Thats a nifty little device. I cant wait for Nikon to come out with one thats a tad better and 3x the cost. :er:

Mark

It's nifty and all, but my desk space is limited real estate. Card readers and battery chargers don't take up much room.

Yeah, now they won't have to be challenged figuring which end of the battery goes into that complicated charger! Whew! They can now just drop the camera onto their desk! And that complicated CF or SD card compartment door---oh, the joy! No more struggling with how to open that,and how to take out that pesky memory card and stick it in that impossibly tiny slot! :lol:

that's pretty cool, but I wonder how fast the read/write speed is.

looks pretty cool to me. the trick will be getting these types of devices to be able to recharge diffrent devices not just one single device, if i could throw the wifes ipad and iphone and my blackberry and jvc camcorder and nikon camera all on it to recharge everything id buy it in a heartbeat.

I wonder what the attachment on the camera looks like to make this work. My guess is it will be a large and cumbersome attachment, much like the third party cell phone induction chargers, until Canon starts integrating it into the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if it, at least at present and the near future, eliminates the ability to put a grip on the camera. I thought this technology was cool when it started coming out for cell phones and iPods, but soon realized the practicality of it is no so good... Unless the technology was integrated into the phone, the attachment would often nearly double the thickness of the phone. It's also not very fast for charging and not always reliable. This seems like it's more of a sales gimmick aimed at the average user as opposed to the pro or serious amateur. No denying, it is neat technology, though. I just think it's over rated.

Every photographer getting home from a day of photography, only to discover they can't find their card reader and the battery is dead in their camera, has other serious issues to address. :lol::greenpbl:

Electric Toothbrushes have been doing this for yeeears now ;)

Every photographer getting home from a day of photography, only to discover they can't find their card reader and the battery is dead in their camera, has other serious issues to address. :lol::greenpbl:

SO TRUE.

You Nikon guys don't get it do you? While you're busy plugging in your batteries and getting your card out of your camera and into a reader to get the photos off of it, I'll have already have snagged 3 beers and be nice and relaxed for the editing process.

You Nikon guys don't get it do you? While you're busy plugging in your batteries and getting your card out of your camera and into a reader to get the photos off of it, I'll have already have snagged 3 beers and be nice and relaxed for the editing process.

Why wouldn't you just give the camera to your assistant and let him/her deal with the batteries and memory cards and whatever other details? That's what us Nikon folks do (and of course, the assistant brings us the beer as well).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back