Canon vs Epson printers ?

zorro53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Southeastern, NC - halfway between Wilmington and
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any thoughts on Canons Pixma Pro 9000 series...

The Canon Pixma Pro 9000 MKII or the Pixma Pro 9500 MKII line of photo printers- which is better? Are either any good? Anyone here own one can you kick in an opinion short review - Vs the Epson R3000 looking at that as well ...?

Have you looked at the new Pixma Pro-1? I've stuck to Epsons for the last 12 years, owning 10 of them over that time, and this is the first Canon I'm likely to get, despite it being only 13". A friend of mine is a Canon Explorer of Light, so he gets free printers when they come out, and I can see comparisons between my Epsons and his Canons. The Pro-1 is a very good printer aimed right at the R3000 market. There are a few comprehensive reviews of it on the web, more comprehensive than I could write here.

Best,
Helen

Just picked up an R3000 for $680.00 and then $200.00 rebate so out the door @ $480.00 hard to beat so pulled the trigger, also the Epson is wi-fi Canon Pro 1 is not and Canon starts at $1000...

Thanks for your response though and I love your hair -

BTW, I am a born and bred Boston Boy (go Red Sox) - saw the light and got out of the weather...

Mike

Last edited:
Michael Reichmann (The Luminous Landscape) really seems to like his R3000.

Most reactions

Back