Canon Willich

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As some of you know, I handed a camera and a couple of lenses in at Canon in Willich (Germany) to get some minor service done and get the AF adjusted.

I just picked the things up again in Willich (actually I got a confirmation email that things were ready less than 48 hrs after I handed them in, but could not pick them up earlier since I was abroad).

First of all, they are very clean .. cleaner than when I bought them ;) And all the service did not cost me anything since camera and lenses where bought less than a year ago.

As for the quality of the service itself, I have to take test images first so I cannot tell anything about it right now, but at least I am very impressed by the speed they dealt with it.

Wow, does Canon USA have anything like that? I'm always pleasantly surprised when a company does that, its like Martin Guitars, if you ever go for a factory tour you can bring your guitar. I dropped it off at the start of the tour, and at then end I got it back cleaned and adjusted.

Wow, does Canon USA have anything like that?

not sure, but if they have it, you would certainly not live that close to it as I do (25 minutes by car, but only if in the rush hour :p )

Actually, service of Canon-Europe in Willich did not always have a good reputation. Sometimes it would take ages to get your gear back or they would not accept your warranty papers if it was not properly stamped by the retailer and all... but they seem to have improved a lot.

First impression (just tested one of the lenses):

- shutter release problem fixed
- AF seems to focus correctly now, haven't done testcharts yet though.
- lens centering problem appears solved.

So why would you get one year old lenses serviced?

Since end control at Canon is a pain sometimes ... all four L lenses had a slight front focus problem and one had a slightly off-centre optical axis.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back