Canon XS upgrade to T1i?

page_tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, my wife is itchin' to get a video camera for Christmas. I currently own a Rebel XS. I'm thinking I could sell my rebel and buy a T1i and not have to buy a new video camera. Any suggestions as to whether or not this is a good idea? Is the picture quality better with the T1i or the Rebel?

With another hundred or so, why don't you consider getting the T2i?

From what I've read the T2i doesn't have much better picture quality than the T1i so I thought I would save the cash. I'm no expert though and would really consider the T2i if someone can explain to me why I would get better pictures with the T2i. I know it has more mps but are they really worth it?

Taking video on a DSLR is not that easy. You really need to use your hand to manually zoom in and out and also to focus. If you use the back button focus, you can hear the motor on your video. You can really take a nice video, but.. it is hard to master.

From what I heard, but I do not know if it is accurate or not but if you do plan on shoot HD video, it is always better to have shoot per second, and the T2i has almost twice as more zone meter.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll have to go test one out for a while one day and see if it will be worth it to me. Does anyone know what the difference in photo quality is between the two cameras? It looks like the HD video is really nice from the youtube samples I've seen. But I didn't realize that it's not so user friendly.

I can chip in on the focus/ zoom comment above. I have been shooting with the T1i for 7 months now, the pictures are what I mainly use it for. However, I have used the HD video function a few times. More just to see what my camera can do, I rarely have a use for videos in my life right now. It was incredibly hard to make that camera focus/ zoom without having long blurred segments in the video. The noise of AF is in the video as mentioned above. If you can learn to manually focus, then I am sure you would have a pretty successful video.

Taking video on a DSLR is not that easy. You really need to use your hand to manually zoom in and out and also to focus. If you use the back button focus, you can hear the motor on your video. You can really take a nice video, but.. it is hard to master.

This is true with the noise,a friend of mine has the 500D (T1i) and uses it for skatevideos,but has an external mic,says it removes the noise of the zoom...aparently.

Most reactions

Back