canon xti vs xsi

anything you synth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
does everyone agree this is the best camera for my budget (~$700)?
i just want to make sure before i purchase. buyers remorse is a terrible thing lol

Last edited:
I'm not sure you won't get that kind of consensus... What lens are you getting?

Yes do it, you won't regret it! XSi = an extra 2MP + live view. Worth it in my book.

i'm just getting the 18-55mm lens that comes w. the kit.

flash/lens upgrade for birthday/christmas coming up. i quit my job so im trying to spend as little as possible (other than 650 on the camera lol)

I bought the XTi about a year ago and have been very pleased with it, except for some noise at high ISO. If I were buying an entry level camera today, I would go with the XSi. It's not that much more than the XTi and has added features.

Also, the kit lens that shipped with the XSi is a lot better in optical quality than the XTi.

I have the xsi. It's a great camera but the kit lens is not the greatest. I would choose the xsi over the xti.

I would suggest a cannon 30d over a cannon XSI. It is an older, but a higher level camera. Don't listen to me though, I'm a Nikon guy :p.

It may not be as glamorous as the XSI, but it will most likely have a better kit lens, better build quality, and more feature you can grow into.

My suggestion is to get the XSI body only and buy a nifty fifty as a lens. I bought the kit lens and the 50mm afterwards, now I don't even touch the kit lens. The lens package turned out to be a waste of money.

I got the XSI a few days ago, and I love it. Soon I'm going to buy the EFS 60mm macro lens. I heard it's great from everything from bugs to landscape. Any suggestions for zoom wide lenses or any other important lenses to have around?

I have had my xti now for about 2 years and still am happy with it. Even though i do love it, i would agree with anubis and get the 30d. one of my friends has the 30d and i asked if i could use it for a sporting event, and it just felt so much better than the xti. i was using a 70-200 f/2.8L IS, and this is a huge lens. on the xti it feels like very unstable and felt like the lens would rip off the mount on the camera. while on the 30d it felt very secure. not saying that the xti or xsi is a bad camera, i personaly would rather have the feel of a 30d or something similar.

as for the lenses, i hate the kit 18-55 on the xti. as for the new 18-55 kit on the xsi, i havent had a chance to test it out, but my hopes arnt very high for that lens. but the 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS is a better lens. i also had this on my xti and was a great deal better than the 18-55 kit. image quality was alot shaper while the IS was a great bonus, but the new 18-55 kit does have IS. the only downside to the 28-135 that i saw was that i wanted a wider lens. so i ended up getting the 16-35. but yeah kit lens on the 30d or any of those is worth it.

im not sure what the price is on these cameras now, but i think the 30d is pretty cheap now since the 50d is out. i just wished someone told me to get the 30d before when i was looking at cameras. good luck buying.

Most reactions

Back