Canon Zoom Lens EF 100-300mm 1 : 5.6

Carlos Cané

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I just bought a Canon XTi and it's on it's way. I have one question, my dad has an "old" EOS film camera, I think it's the 650 model but I'm not sure. He has a lens for that camera, the Canon Zoom Lens EF 100-300mm 1:5.6 and I was wondering if any of you know if it would work well in my XTi. Would it be a good lens to use? I've been trying to look for some info on the web, but I had no luck :( As you can see I'm still a beginner in photography, thanks!

Here are some pictures of the lens.

Imagen011.jpg

imagen013sr0.jpg

Every EF lens fits your new camera. Old/new...they're all the same mount. It's not the best lens ever made, but it's a nice place to start.

As long as the lens works and is clean, it's a good place to start. As you get better and learn more, you can sign your pay check over to photo store. :wink:

Even if that isn't the best quality lens on the planet, the specs on it's range are pretty nice to be starting off with for free. Yes it will work and consider yourself lucky to have that. I'd kill(not really but in the expression sense) for 100-300mm with no money out of my pocket.

Thanks for your help! :D If the lens has been in a closet for a long time it maybe be dirty, I can take it to a photo store or a special place so they can clean it right?

Yeah if there is dust inside. Otherwise get yourself a blower (the air kind not the street-walking), some lens paper and cleaner and wipe down the front and rear elements yourself.

Ok, thanks for your help! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back