Can't be without this:

A polarizing filter. If you need it, you NEED it. I ALWAYS keep one in a filter case in my pocket, even on a walk-around.

That is so funny that you mentioned that. I NEEDED on this morning and didn't have one!

I guess that's an advantage of just doing landscapes, I just keep my cp on all the time.

i think i would just bring LSD and use it. that way, every time the camera's flash went off, i would think that i was at a Pink Floyd concert.

I usually have my camera bag with my camera and two lenses, cleaning stuff and some extra memory. I always figure that if I don't have it, I'll end up seeing aliens or bigfoot or something and I'll kick myself for not having my camera.

I don't know if this qualifies but I carry business cards everywhere! This way I can hopefully legitimize myself if I get stopped or questioned.

More than anything, the proper frame of mind. The willingness to be open minded about seeing something in the mind-set as a photographic opportunity, and not a common everyday "thing" that I may otherwise pass by without a second thought.

If anything, photography has encouraged me to look for the beauty in things that I would not see before. To expand my examination of the smaller details.

That is something that I could not go out on a session without.

1. mp3 player and plenty of batteries
  2. Camera + spare batteries
  3. kit lens
  4. sigma 70-300 macro
  5. tri-pod
  6. remote trigger
  7. sun screen
  8. lens cleaner and cloth
  9. food/drink
  10. bug juice...mosquitos LOVE me...I once did a nude shoot with my gf at the time. She was nude, I was dressed...my back was eaten to BITS while she was not bitten once...nude, no spray, nothing. I mean, really! I itched for days!
This all is a bag I have packed for long hikes (3-5 hours)...a few hours in the city and I'll leave the food/drink etc behind but the tripod always comes with.

Most reactions

Back