Can't decide on the V2s or the V4

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to purchase one of the Cactus transmitters/receivers, but can't decide on whether to get the V2s or V4. I'm using a SB-600 and I'll also be purchasing one of the hot-shoe pc adapters (not sure if that's relevant or not) and I'll be mainly using these for portraits. I'm torn between the two because the new V4's are supposed to have a lot of upgrades from the V2s and the reliability/range is better, however with the V2s mod in some cases people have seen a huge improvement overall. Anyway, I'm just looking for some opinions on the subject, thanks.

V4. V4. V4. V4. V4.

The biggest gripe of a V2 is that when you mount it on a stand with an umbrella it raises the flash way too high, so you need to use a sync cable instead and strap the V2 to the flash some how. And the V4's don't look as fugly... :lol:

Any other advice about this? I was about to ask the same thing. I am looking to order today.

The V4 gets good range out of the box without mods. I have seen people using them at 90 - 100 feet. However, I have only used them up to about 30 - 40 feet away. I rarely need more room than that.

The V2s can give even further range, but they require a small mod. For some, that's not an issue. For others, that's a problem.

Personally, I like the V4 better. The reasons mentioned in the above reply are true too.

Most reactions

Back