Cant seem to get the blanket white...hmmmmm why?????

amg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello There
Took this picture of my son a couple of days ago I want to put it in his baby book but I cant seem to get the blanket white....How do I do this? I have free trail of lightroom 4 I tried googling it but nothing came up??? You can help me??? IMG_3326 by ashleymg, on Flickr

just expose for the shadows and let the film compress the highlights...oops, shot digitally! just crank the midtones up to oblivion then.

you wanting them more "white" in color? jack the WB slider in LR4. Want them "brighter" Jack the exposure slider in LR4. Want only the sheets whiter not the baby? Select the brush tool in LR4 and select area to bringten, jack exposure.

just bump dem mids:

6900251812_9d6b06337a_b.jpg

How about this... minor color correction and brightest highlight on the sheet set to 255 with curves tool

View attachment 5615

In addition to adjusting the tone curve, I also moved the temperature to slightly warmer than neutral to mimic the effect of diffuse natural light coming in through a window (looks a bit less dreary). Your son is adorable, BTW!

oiuk61.jpg

Original:

7046323883_692cf6802a.jpg

Op- are you looking at this image after printing or on computer screen? If on screen, is your monitor calibrated? That can make editing for print very difficult. Just trying to cover all bases here.

Hi Ashley,

He's adorable. What's with the +2/3 EC for the original exposure? Not sure that was necessary and it could be causing you trouble. You've got staining in the whites on the blanket; everything from yellow to cyan to blue. Fix one and the others get worse. Without a chance to examine the original CR2 file I'm not sure of the cause.

Here's a quick edit where I set his skin tone to a standard Hue = 19 (sRB) default. I measured off his forehead -- right between the eyes. Considering his age it might be appropriate to drop that to Hue = 17, but I went with the default. I raised the contrast with a Soft Light blend and then I took the color stains out of the blanket by desaturating them.

Take Care,
Joe

7046931199_e56af40677_b.jpg

I don't get it.. the original looks fine to me.

No my monitor is not calibrated :( Maybe one day...That is a software right?
And Joe you lost me lol I am still trying to figure out where I find these hue values you were talking about in my last post I thought it was the dropper but the values for that always seem to be 80 no matter what I do they dont seem to change or they look to bright. Is this because my monitor is not calibrated? I find with skin tones they are always to bright or to cold I cant find that sweet spot.
And thank you Natalie.....He is the reason I upgraded to a dlsr he is sooo fast I was tired of all the blurry pictures I was getting and all the thousands of crappy ones I have in albums of my daughter.

Most reactions

Back