Cant seem to get the blanket white...hmmmmm why?????

just bump dem mids:

6900251812_9d6b06337a_b.jpg

I would take this and then would use brushes in LR to get exposure down on a little guy. [did i just suggested to use brushes on your son?] Not sure, if it would work, but you can try.

No my monitor is not calibrated :( Maybe one day...That is a software right?
And Joe you lost me lol I am still trying to figure out where I find these hue values you were talking about in my last post I thought it was the dropper but the values for that always seem to be 80 no matter what I do they dont seem to change or they look to bright. Is this because my monitor is not calibrated? I find with skin tones they are always to bright or to cold I cant find that sweet spot.
And thank you Natalie.....He is the reason I upgraded to a dlsr he is sooo fast I was tired of all the blurry pictures I was getting and all the thousands of crappy ones I have in albums of my daughter.

Monitor calibration is a combination of software and hardware. You want one of these: Amazon.com: X-Rite i1Display 2 Color Calibrator for LCD, CRT, and Laptop Displays: Camera & Photo

Sorry about that. I don't think you can get a color read out from LR in anything except RGB which in this case isn't very useful. I'm not sure, so if some LR user out there knows what I don't.... I had LR back in version 3 but I took it off my system.

We have different models that we can use to identify a color. Our photos are RGB and so referencing that model often makes sense. But in this case it's helpful to have a single number to specify a color. The HSL (HSB) model does that by allowing us to specify the Hue value. (Saturation and Luminance are still important for example a baby's skin tone will be less saturated and lighter than my 60 year old tanned hide but we are likely to have very similar H values. My skin is H=18 as I tend a tad ruddy. In the sRGB color space the average human skin tone is H=19 with acceptable variation from the mid teens through the mid twenties.

So with that basic info you can start by checking the Hue value in a portrait to see how it measures up to an expected average. In Photoshop I set a fairly large sample area and then Photoshop provides the numbers in four different color models.

Joe

baby_face.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lightroom lacks the precision selection tools CS5/CS6 Beta have. Using CS6 Beta I selected just the baby, and saved the selection. I adjusted the color balance of the baby. I then inverted the selection, modified it so only the white blanket was selected, made an Exposure Adjusment layer and added 3/4 of a stop of exposure to the blanket. The reason the blanket is gray is because it is under exposed. The reason the baby has a slight blue cast is because the window light is tinted blue from the blue sky outside the window.

704Edit6323883_692cf6802a_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back