Canyonlands National Park - Moab, Utah

KenL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last month I spent a few days in Moab, Utah visiting Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. In order to get to several of the spots I shot from in Canyonlands I had to get stupidly-close to the edges of the canyon at times......

I had been shooting at Arches NP and the sky was cloudless. The next day a storm was coming into the area so I went to Canyonlands and got the clouds that I usually prefer in my landscape shots. This shot is my favorite from that day.

Model = NIKON D300
Exposure Time = 1/351"
F Number = F8
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Date Time Original = 2009-10-03 11:46:13
Focal Length = 17mm

4023945924_b5b0cc35d6_o.jpg

Wow, very beautiful! This photo looks like an HDR almost before seeing your EXIF data.... great colors, tones, and nicely composed!

-David

Wow, very beautiful! This photo looks like an HDR almost before seeing your EXIF data.... great colors, tones, and nicely composed!

-David

Thank you David!

You got it right.....this was a 5-shot HDR. First processed in Photomatix Pro, then Photoshop (I use numerous NiK plugins).

Wow beautiful shot. Most of the time I dislike HDR's but this is well done!

Great shot! :thumbup:

Thank you Atlas77!

While I can appreciate the artistic side of extreme-HDR it's not my preference either..... Seeing those images kept me away from HDR until I found that it (multiple images) could just help capture what my eyes were seeing when one image couldn't.

Thank you Atlas77!

While I can appreciate the artistic side of extreme-HDR it's not my preference either..... Seeing those images kept me away from HDR until I found that it (multiple images) could just help capture what my eyes were seeing when one image couldn't.

For sure, may I ask what lens you were using for this shot? If its in the original post I apologize.

To be honest I don't like the tone mapping. The only part I like is the extreme left, I like the texture.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but me too = WOW!!!!!!!!

Print that one out on stretched canvas and sell it!

Thank you Patrick!

..... may I ask what lens you were using for this shot? If its in the original post I apologize.

Oops, I should have included that..... I was using the Nikkor 12-24DX/f4 with a Hoya ProDigital circular polarizing filter.

Really wild colors. Awesome pitcture!

Nice shot - I spend a freakish amount of time in Southern Utah.

I would suggest a higher Micro Contrast (9-10) to add more detail to the foreground and Micro Smoothing to clear up the sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back