Cape Raoul

waiting

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got up at 2:30am and set off to hike the 15km return trip to Cape Raoul by myself. When I got to the car park I a found the hikers log book and was curious as to why every group who set off was 3+ people. It wasn't until a random cliff popped out of nowhere in the pitch black when I realised why. I shined both my torches over the edge and saw nothing at all. Apparently these cliffs are the highest coastal cliffs in the southern hemisphere reaching over 300 metres above sea level. Anyway I powered along the edge of these cliffs then over a mountain for a few more kms and was eventually rewarded by this view.
Just for scale, down the bottom point left on the water there was around 30+ seals baking on the rocks of the last few dolomites. All I heard was dogs barking until I pulled out my 200mm and realised there was a tonne of them flapping around down there.
I also got a fair bit of 1080P GoPro footage until It went flat on me on the walk back
20100309_sad.gif

Speaking of the walk back was pretty awesome. I couldn't believe what I'd walked passed in the dark with seriously inches of room for error.
My feet where aching for days due to only wearing runners. I will be getting some hiking boots asap!
I'll tell you I've never felt more alive then sitting on that top peak eating an aero bar whilst watching the sun rise.
More than worth it in the end and for anyone wanting a challenging walk with an abundance of epic views.

- Cape Raoul, Tasman Peninsula

15246693848_3bbca00508_c.jpg

15521074181_0a22d378d4_c.jpg

A selfie later from that morning. Scared the poop outa me but was worth it! Mum also near backhanded me when sore the footage then Image.
20100309_smile.gif

15435300525_8227d226e1_c.jpg

Holy ****, that looks even more awesome in your video. I'd have been papping myself there, what a hight. You have some big balls to do that mate. I hope you got a big bacon sandwich when you got back, you certainly deserve it!

nice, I really like the second one, the fist one is really good too, the 3rd one is cool but I prefer it without the person in it.

Very cool. Like #1.

Hahaha yeah I brought myself 2 pies for breakfast cause I was exhausted!
I got heaps of footage and the more I look at it the more I question why I did it lol!

Most reactions

Back