Capitol Blossoms

oh... I like this very very much!

You forced me to read. I was like where in DC is that!?

Whenever I see your name on a post in this forum, I know I'm going to be blown away. This is beautiful.

Pardon my edit. Felt a little too cool to me.

$13302851793_e6f19ea099_b.jpg

I'm on the fence with these one. After reading the title, I expected bright, vivid, sun filled blossoms, but instead got the dull light of early morning. It's a beautiful shot, but kind'a a let down.

BTW, I'm really impressed with OR's capital grounds. Like I said, beautiful.

Very pretty. I feel the foreground is cut a little short though.

I like this a lot, love the composition and view point. Rock steady subject yet has a lot of movement within the frame.

The only possible change I might try would be to make the left side of the fountain a half stop lighter, but then, maybe not.

A great job.

The original file as shown has dull, flat lighting with shadows that do not look right and very little local contrast. The lack of directionality of the light makes it look like this image relied almost totally on software. Runnah's edit improves on it by creating a feeling of "light" coming from off to the south-west. Most specifically, the rich green on the far left and the cherry tree in the edit show "the look of the season", of light being modulated by the clouds.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I made an update adding slight warmth and bumping the white point a bit.

Pardon my edit. Felt a little too cool to me.

View attachment 69006

I agree the shadows were too cool in the original.

The original file as shown has dull, flat lighting with shadows that do not look right and very little local contrast. The lack of directionality of the light makes it look like this image relied almost totally on software. Runnah's edit improves on it by creating a feeling of "light" coming from off to the south-west. Most specifically, the rich green on the far left and the cherry tree in the edit show "the look of the season", of light being modulated by the clouds.

The light was very soft and diffused by clouds to the west. If you look closely, you can see the diffused light on the left bank of trees. It's very subtle but an indicator of strong diffused light coming from the west (right of frame).

Most reactions

Back