What's new

Capturing a great shot with lots to contend with ~ C & C please

LLD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Location
Midwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I loved the "Christmas Card" look to this shot but there was a lot to contend with. A neighbors home that was less than grand as well as a busy road and ugly street signs. Is this a hit or miss? What could I have done to make it better except that I wasn't wearing boots this day and about froze my butt off getting this shot. Might be the shivers that made the shot less than sharp.
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_2880.webp
    $DSC_2880.webp
    313.8 KB · Views: 126
You needed to zoom in and properly expose. Crop just inside of the crooked left post and brighten.
 
It's a good idea, when you are able, to shoot something from a few different perspectives. Moving left or right, and certainly closer, can often reveal a better view.
 
I wasn't wearing boots this day and about froze my butt off getting this shot. .

Sometimes you have to suffer for your art.
I like the theme and general aesthetics of the shot, but some may say if a shots worth getting, then its worth going back more prepared and getting it right. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom