What's new

Capturing famous city streets C & C

LLD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Location
Midwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is unfortunately another pre-DSLR shot. I loved the look of the car and the bikes on this street in Oxford. Of course I wish it was sharper but it is what it is. I'm looking to improve the composition of my shots. C & C please
Its also hard to wait for the street to be empty but a little patience went a long way. I'd love to get better at framing the shot and knowing what angle makes the best shot.
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_2781.webp
    $IMG_2781.webp
    214.1 KB · Views: 142
Well, there are some people in the shot, and you've got it straight, and considering the light, the exposure looks fairly good.

So composition, eh?

When I look at this, I don't see much in the way of an actual subject, or focus of attention. The church tower could be it, but you missed it.

Here's a tip: When you decide on what your subject is, keep moving, circling around, watching the subject, the frame, the light, and take a few shots, but keep trying until you find the best angle. I doubt if anyone can do it for you without being there with you.

Now me; I think it would be the church tower, and I see that if I just went over to the next street to my right, I might be able to get the tower in full sun and framed by the buildings in that street. And if I had to walk all around that tower to get the shot, then I would. Meanwhile, I might get another shot of something else that I had not envisioned until I noticed it.

But that's just me.
 
I was going for the bikes and the car. I liked the look against the building and being Oxford college the bikes to me symbolized that. The church tower would have been a great one too.. wished I'd have taken all the shots you mention and I'll definitely try that! Thank you!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom