car pictures. need opinions and ideas

Skyline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
speedarchitech.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just started taking pics with my new D80 not too long ago. I'm still learning the basics of using photoshop too. I used Adobe Photoshop 7 to edit these pics. Hopefully getting the CS2 from my friend real soon.

I'm into cars and loves taking pics of cars, so please don't mind if most pics I post are all car pics.

any opinions and thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,
Will

181548227-L.jpg

181548502-L.jpg

181548452-L.jpg

181548382-L.jpg

161781706-L-1.jpg

161781644-L.jpg

154969490-L.jpg

154965536-L.jpg

and my own car.
154974966-L.jpg

154974989-L.jpg

I love cars:)

My personal preference is to take photos at very low height looking up for cars....like your last pic.

The first 4 photos doesn't make for me. I thing the background is too distracting or too busy somehow, altought, the cars are exceptionally nicely captured.

#5 is also great, but I would cut the whole background out and leave the white car only.

The rest is very nice for me.

#8 is my absolute favorite. Very cool!

Great job!

The last two shots are my favourites, some of the others I find a little distracting. Butthe last two compositions are great IMO

Saw these over on Nasioc. Like the ones of the R32 and the ones of the STi. The ones of the S14 dont really do anything for me.

Your shots are well captured nice job. The shots under the bridge and in frount of the rack of dry stored boats are best due to your choice of background.

quite like them all (partly also because I have owned 3 of the cars you have shot & brings back fond memories). As already said, I too like the low shots of cars.

Nice choice of backgrounds.

Nice locations. Loving your Subaru. Great last shot.

thanks for all the comments people :D I'm glad I joined this forum. my friend chose the location for the first 4 pics, and I only spent bout 10 minutes because I thought the same as you guys (too busy on the background), even tho I kinda like how the first pic turned out.

i like 5 and 6 and the last one the best. R32's are friggen sexy man!

my favorite shots

**** dude, you and your friends have some nice cars. that skyline is sechs. anyways, people are saying that first locations background is too busy. Ya, but if you shot it again it could definitely work. Some ideas would be to be closer to the subject, shallower depth of field and maybe burn the background in post. The skyline photo I quoted is money. again some thought the background was a little busy, but I think its fine. The contrast of the white paint to the rest of the photo is more than enough to attract your eye. clean rolling shot. keep it up!:thumbsup:

I think i've seen your Subaru before on Volvospeed

its hard to not like a picture of a Skyline :)

wow... haven't checked this thread for a while, never knew someone bumped this up :D thanks for the kind words! I've been trying to edit the S14 pic, and let me know what you guys think about the pic ;)

201687945-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back