Card speed

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, need some help: Fuji rep (via phon con) advises "super fast" card for XPRO3. What is it, who makes it, and what capacity? Been using San Disk--seems to work OK. I would like a spare without robbing one of my other cameras. Ideas & suggestion? Camera store commandos all have varying opinions.
get the image

Any of the Extreme UHD/V90 cards are pretty fast. XC1... By the time you read this they will be out dated. =]
  1. Samsung Evo Plus: The best all-round microSD card. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB | …
  2. Samsung Pro+: The best microSD card for video. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB | Interface: …
  3. SanDisk Extreme Plus: A flagship microSD card. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB | Interface: …
  4. Lexar 1000x: Great value for money. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB | Interface: microSD. Good …

Any of the Extreme UHD/V90 cards are pretty fast. XC1... By the time you read this they will be out dated. =]
  1. Samsung Evo Plus: The best all-round microSD card. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB | …
  2. Samsung Pro+: The best microSD card for video. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB | Interface: …
  3. SanDisk Extreme Plus: A flagship microSD card. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB | Interface: …
  4. Lexar 1000x: Great value for money. Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB | Interface: microSD. Good …
Thanks!

The context here is the write speed of the card.
The cheaper the card typically the slower.

The circuitry inside the cards have a specific limit to how fast the information can be written and stored from the camera TO the card.

older CF type cards are still quite valid and work fine for that era of camera, but with 4K and soon 5K speeds on mirrorless and vlogging cameras its like trying o compete in NASCAR with a Ford Pinto. it'll get you across the finish line just fine.
But you'll finish the race about two hours after the lights were turned off.

The context here is the write speed of the card.
The cheaper the card typically the slower.

The circuitry inside the cards have a specific limit to how fast the information can be written and stored from the camera TO the card.

older CF type cards are still quite valid and work fine for that era of camera, but with 4K and soon 5K speeds on mirrorless and vlogging cameras its like trying o compete in NASCAR with a Ford Pinto. it'll get you across the finish line just fine.
But you'll finish the race about two hours after the lights were turned off.

Simply this.

Technology seems to advance at incredible speeds (no pun intended). It's no sooner up to date and it almost immediately outdates itself.

Okay, need some help: Fuji rep (via phon con) advises "super fast" card for XPRO3. What is it, who makes it, and what capacity? Been using San Disk--seems to work OK. I would like a spare without robbing one of my other cameras. Ideas & suggestion? Camera store commandos all have varying opinions.
get the image

I would check the instruction manual on the type of rating and card that the camera uses. I have a Go Pro Hero 5 that is very picky about the card it can use as the write/read speed is very fast.

I pulled up the manual for you. It says to use a UHS class 3 card or better at the bottom. It also says what happened after 32 GB card use. Files change. Check the image.

hOg7Khs.png

some of the "newer" non san disk cards can hit 300$ a pop online. makes me like my san disk extreme pro sdxc cards

I pulled up the manual for you. It says to use a UHS class 3 card or better at the bottom. It also says what happened after 32 GB card use. Files change. Check the image.

hOg7Khs.png

Mike, thanks for going to the trouble----I appreciate it! Great chart informative.

Appreciate the info---but for $300.00 I'll just load up some Ektar in my trusty, dusty F2 or F3 and let
Walgreens do the rest!

I have a SanDisk Extreme Plus micro-SD card in my Android phone....it plays back video quite fast. It is 64GB. I like the micro SD cards because they can be used in my phone, and with an adapter can easily be used in a wide variety of cameras. I have used this card in both the Nikon D610 and the Nikon D800.

I bought the card from Walmart, and it was not that expensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back