The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
49364306046_23f85905fe_b.jpg

wow this is beautiful

Awesome photo, it would make a beautiful Christmas ornament

Cool pic! I like it a lot and I've seen other round pics like that. What lens produces round pics like that or is it software that does it? I have an Altura 8 f/3.0 mm fish-eye lens but it doesn't do that.

Great and interesting shot. I like it very much.

Cool pic! I like it a lot and I've seen other round pics like that. What lens produces round pics like that or is it software that does it? I have an Altura 8 f/3.0 mm fish-eye lens but it doesn't do that.

Is it a lens ball?
F3E7A479-12CE-4AF7-9FBD-B8254E0054C0.jpeg

Is it a lens ball?
View attachment 185047

Thanks, I've seen work with them but that didn't occur to me, derp! I should buy one, they're fairly cheap.

For this I used maybe 20 images from a cell phone, put them together using the "rotating motion" option in Microsoft ICE, and finished using the "orthographic" option. It's important to get very close to 180 degree coverage in both axes, if you want it to look spherical.

Edit: Someone used to make a cheap "fisheye" attachment that went on the front of a lens. It wouldn't cover 100%, and so made a circular image on the film. That might do it also. Lens ball is a cool idea; I'd superglue a tripod socket on the bottom so you wouldn't have to get your hands in the image. Never tried it, though.

I suppose you could get the same result by using a full-frame dslr, with a fisheye made for an APS camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back