Cars, what do you have, and what would you like to have?

Currently an Alfa Romeo 147 2003 , which is somewhat battered .
At near 70 , i should be buying something upright with 5 doors , so am awaiting a New 1.2 TSI VW Beetle from Mexico .
I love the Art Deco curves in grey and black interior .
Our other car is a Citroen 2cv , so both will have wings !
dee

In Ireland gas, which is priced per litre is around 1.20 Euro. There is a stupid tax rate on it say 8o cent, 100 cent in the a euro. Thats standard 98% octane.

I think there is around 3.7 litre per US gallon so that would be 4.44 euros per gallon and that is $4.95 per gallon. No V8's in Ireland unless you have money to burn literally and theres no such thing as a 3 litre Toyota Prius. My car is a VW Bora, in $ Jetta and thats 1.4 litre.

I remember the Bora - that's a hatchback, no? I always thought it was amusing that a car shared the same name as my boss in Istanbul ;)

Gas is definitely always a lot more expensive on your side of the pond than here. (It's another reason Diesel is much more popular there than it is here.) It's been lower lately. I recently paid $2.39 per gallon (regular/standard octane) in the NY metro area (generally higher gas prices than the national average), and that felt cheap for me. If I cross over into Jersey, I'd probably find it for under $2. At it's highest a couple of years ago, it got to be just over $4 a gallon around here.

No the Bora was only ever a saloon in Europe but you could get Estate/Station Wagon versions, it was exactly the same as a Golf apart from the shape, engine, interior trim etc.

In England Petrol is cheaper than Diesel for some reason. Germany has been pushing there diesel cars as clean & wrangled EU policies to favour diesel with tax breaks going to owners of diesel cars. Basically after 2008 if you drive a new diesel of any make you get cheaper annual car ownership tax because of lower emissions, which turns out is bogus, but as there are German jobs on the line once bought stay bought.

Not long before the VW emissions scam broke the German chancellor lobbied the Irish prime minister to drop an EU investigation of the whole area of diesel engine emissions regulations that would have smoked out all manufactures.
Diesel is cheaper than petrol at moment in UK

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I just switched from a 2003 Xterra to a 2015 Escape. Perhaps my last car ever if things go right. I'm also getting around on a bicycle these days which has cut into my photography hobby. Here are both.
1bd732d943eb03d9a80c787300545a47.jpg

I can manage to fit the 7dm2 with grip and 300f4 in the rack bag on the bike.
b3a91df0d29c051fd567ec833993b282.jpg

Perhaps my last car ever if things go right.
Why your last car ever? I wish I could get around on my bike, but everything is so far away. :(

Perhaps my last car ever if things go right.
Why your last car ever? I wish I could get around on my bike, but everything is so far away. :(
Well, I had the Xterra for 12 years. If this one lasts that long I will be 65 ish; hoping I am still breathing then. :dob: Of course the things I may be attempting on the mtn bike may play a part in all of it. :black_eyed:

I drive a 2014 Nissan Altima. Rather like it actually, not a super fast sports car or anything that will turn heads but it's comfortable, gets good gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles I want without being overly complicated.

I also own a 1972 Ford Pinto, it's currently in storage with the engine removed and stored separately. I was originally thinking about putting the engine back in at some point, though I'm not so certain that will happen now. I'm seriously considering retiring it and selling off the engine. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to be driving like a maniac.

I drive a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 lifted with a few accessories. :D

full

full

I really don't want anything else. This is my second Tacoma and I've been happy with them. I like driving a truck and the size is perfect for me.

Not too much of a car geek.
I have a 2004 Mazda3.
I would like to get a 2016 Golf R
I need the hatchback to lug camera gear.
Of course if I had a stupid amount of money, I would get an AMG Geländewagen

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 7.18.27 AM.jpg
I'm currently driving a Porsche gt4 2016 but my daily driver is a Subaru.....I'm The white one this was a meet up with a few guys

I drive a 2014 Nissan Altima. Rather like it actually, not a super fast sports car or anything that will turn heads but it's comfortable, gets good gas mileage, has all the bells and whistles I want without being overly complicated.

I also own a 1972 Ford Pinto, it's currently in storage with the engine removed and stored separately. I was originally thinking about putting the engine back in at some point, though I'm not so certain that will happen now. I'm seriously considering retiring it and selling off the engine. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to be driving like a maniac.

It must have the "Mash with Hands" gorilla instrument panel

I drive a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 lifted with a few accessories. :D

full

full

I really don't want anything else. This is my second Tacoma and I've been happy with them. I like driving a truck and the size is perfect for me.

In the rest of the world thats called a Hilux

Not that bothered about cars but I bought myself a Mercedes B180 last night

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back