Carter Caves

Blake.Oney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I live about 5 minutes away from Carter Caves State Resort (Kentucky State Parks - Home) and I went out there yesterday to try and get some nature/landscape type shots. These kinds of photo's are not really my thing, but I like to go and give them a shot every now and then cause it's fun. My tripod broke when I was shooting the first cave so I unfortunately didn't get any shots of the caves. Anyway, I did get this shot on the path to the natural bridge. It is really the only one that I like out of the bunch.

nqw86t.jpg

Last edited:
Get your tripod fixed. I would like to see some of your shots from inside the cave.

Oh crap I should have put park in the title. My bad, around here we just call the ENTIRE place Carter Caves.

Could some tape have fixed the tripod on your shoot??? I used to have an old,old Bogen that had a broken leg lock...I taped it where it needed to be for 2, maybe 3 years!!!

Nice shot- I like the composition with the curve going through the image.

I would have gotten down a little lower- it looks like you're shooting down from a standing position. I would have crouched down a bit, or even sat on the path.

You know what might be a good post processing edit? Blur everything that is not the path and see what it looks like. Just a thought.

Could some tape have fixed the tripod on your shoot??? I used to have an old,old Bogen that had a broken leg lock...I taped it where it needed to be for 2, maybe 3 years!!!

No I don't think so. I took my portable, smaller tripod and the pin and spring that holds the head on popped out. I could have fixed it on the spot, but the spring flew somewhere that it could not be found. It's okay. While I was shooting I realized why everyone wanted big sturdy tripods as I was shooting a lot in shallow water or right beside it.

Haha I promise as soon as I get a chance I'll go get some shots of some of the caves. Shouldn't be a problem. The park is just down the road from where I live. It's kind of funny, I never thought it was a big deal and I was really confused when I found out people come from all over the world to see that park.

I would have gotten down a little lower- it looks like you're shooting down from a standing position. I would have crouched down a bit, or even sat on the path...

Beat me to it! :thumbup:

I would have gotten down a little lower- it looks like you're shooting down from a standing position. I would have crouched down a bit, or even sat on the path...

Beat me to it! :thumbup:

I was trying to decide whether to do that or not, but if I would have crouched or sat I think while the curve would have went further up the photo, the top of the path after the steps wouldn't have been visible. I had to kind of thing quick and only got one shot really I had the wife and kids with me and the kids wanted to keep moving.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back