Cassidy -- Labor Day (C&C please)

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My good friend's daughter before dinner ... couple of different crops. (C&C please)

1)
JasonLaborDay-1.jpg

2)
JasonLaborDay-2.jpg

3)
JasonLaborDay-3.jpg

4)
JasonLaborDay-4.jpg

I can not give you technical feedback but I have to say I love looking at all your work. You have a great eye and your photos tell a story.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 is not very good expression-wise...her expression sinks the shot somewhat, but the real problem, is that the jigsaw puzzle is obscured by the drink cups, so the "subject" of the shot is hidden, and there ends up being no subject, ore rather no reason for the shot being made. 2 and 3 are about equally good, but I like 2 a bit better, and the activity she is engaged with, the puzzle, seems well portrayed in #2. The last one is interesting in a slightly odd way. Inclusion of the blinds helps us understand "why" the backdrop is so perfectly blown out in the first three shots. The chair and the segment of patterned blouse from the woman interrupts the peacefulness of the first three shots; we KNOW that "something" is off to the one side...it disrupts the tranquility and the one-child-centric concept of the first three pictures; does it disrupt a lot? No, but it does creep in.

I can not give you technical feedback but I have to say I love looking at all your work. You have a great eye and your photos tell a story.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 is not very good expression-wise...her expression sinks the shot somewhat, but the real problem, is that the jigsaw puzzle is obscured by the drink cups, so the "subject" of the shot is hidden, and there ends up being no subject, ore rather no reason for the shot being made. 2 and 3 are about equally good, but I like 2 a bit better, and the activity she is engaged with, the puzzle, seems well portrayed in #2. The last one is interesting in a slightly odd way. Inclusion of the blinds helps us understand "why" the backdrop is so perfectly blown out in the first three shots. The chair and the segment of patterned blouse from the woman interrupts the peacefulness of the first three shots; we KNOW that "something" is off to the one side...it disrupts the tranquility and the one-child-centric concept of the first three pictures; does it disrupt a lot? No, but it does creep in.
Yeah I have to agree re the blouse ... Maybe time for the clone stamp :) thanks :)

I think the clone stamp and the healing brush might be the two most useful tools that Photoshop brought to the whole photo game. Pretty darned useful, and I think probably the two things I use the most to improve people pictures. (And not just because my sensor is always filthy either!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back