Castle and old sunset shot

Ripnowell45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys let me know what you think... I found some old shots that I finally got to sit down and edit a little bit.

PC040312bw.jpg

PC040350bw.jpg

P8040034.jpg

edit.jpg

PC040302bw.jpg

#s 2 and 5 catch my eye the most. :thumbup:

3 is great! :mrgreen::thumbup:

The B&W conversions are kinda flat.

PC040312bw.jpg

All I did was a curves adjustment layer and put on soft light. I get more into detail later, I'm in a hurry... :)

What is an "old sunset" compared to a "new one"?

:wink:

The last one has good contrasts but the other b&w conversions could do with a tad more "punch" ... and I find that Photo 2 has a bit too much sky. It seems slightly unbalanced to me. If it were mine, I'd crop some sky and then in from the right: (I would lose that tent there, but I think I would be able to live with that fact).

The "old sunset" :)biggrin: ) looks good, and I almost expect the water to move like in those ... now what are they called again? There are photos with water in the foreground that is made to move... you know what I mean?

The sky in the other colour photo unfortunately is quite, quite "blah". You brought out colour as much as you could (and it is predominantly green !! :biggrin: ), but you could not bring out anything in that bright, totally overcast, non-descript sky, which is a pity.

Great shots overall.

#1 definitely needs more contrast, but maybe a little brightness first. adoho has the right idea, but I like it more like this:

bridge1.jpg

#2 is a good shot, I might have put the castle off to one side or other of the frame, but it is also good as-is.

#3 Seems to have a crooked horizon, and the horizon in the center of the frame doesn't do much for me.

#4 I don't really care for.

#5 I really like, but the castle is a bit dark. The composition is great; the branches in the foreground really add a lot to this photo. I raised the gamma a little bit and came up with this, which I think is about right:
castle.jpg

Awesome thanks guys... I really need to take a photoshop class... I am horrible at it. Lafoto and old sunset it something I took a while ago because there are still leaves on the trees and it was 80 degrees out... Now 9 like it is today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back