Castles and butterflies - C&C please (3 pictures)

Babs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are 3 pictures from Friday (which aren't over-exposed ;) ) which I'd be grateful of C&C on.

It was my first time playing properly with my 50mm f/1.4 Mk II lens!

TIA :)

C&C per req:

1,2. Nice enough images, but I think you would have been better off shooting at a different time of day; you've got some bright areas and some deep shadow. A polarizing filter might have helped as well. Is this Beaulieu castle?

2. Good flutterby capture, but I think there's just a little too much going on in the image, and you really have to work to separate the insect from the flowers. Understanding you have to take what you get in this sort of work, it might be worth following him (her?) for a little bit to see if he settles in a better location.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I really like this set the butterfly is so pretty I would frame the first and the last one if I had done the shots.:)

1,2. Nice enough images, but I think you would have been better off shooting at a different time of day; you've got some bright areas and some deep shadow. A polarizing filter might have helped as well. Is this Beaulieu castle?

Thanks. It's funny how you can stare and stare at an image and not see something, then someone points out something (like the deep shadows and bright areas) then it's all you can see! :lol: You're probably right about trying a different time of day. I'm fairly limited to mid- to late- afternoon shots as I usually go out with my son for a walk then (I'm a SAHM), so maybe it's time to start playing around with filters. A friend sent me a couple ... a UV and a polarising, I think ... so I should have a look and see if they help.

It's Leeds Castle btw.

2. Good flutterby capture, but I think there's just a little too much going on in the image, and you really have to work to separate the insect from the flowers. Understanding you have to take what you get in this sort of work, it might be worth following him (her?) for a little bit to see if he settles in a better location.

Thanks for that. Next time I'll try following him / her! Such a simple solution :gah:

I really like this set the butterfly is so pretty I would frame the first and the last one if I had done the shots.:)

Most reactions

Back