Cathedral Cobh Ireland

Beautiful.....
The placing of Church within the frame is OK; bu It should have been facing hither wards;The empty sky is meditative and strengthens the subject.... the water body has a correctable tilt too

regards :D

Thanks Frequency,
do you mean I should have taken it from a different location? The tilt is kind of hard to fix, I shot with an 18-125 @ the wide end, it was very distorted so fixed it as best I could with free transform perspective in elements. I may give it another go.
regards,
jaomul

Cathedral3 by jaomul, on Flickr

here is one from a slightly different angle

I know changing the view point may take away many fine elements and may bring in many unwanted things too....

Including the silhouetted plant is a good idea, but submerging the entry of the church in shade is visually and conceptually not a good idea.

Regards :D

Ya I see that now,

regards,
Jason

Frequency hit it right on the head. The 2nd picture is visually much more appealing through better composition, but the bottom of the the cathedal in shadow really hinders the overall effect. I do realize that you can't always get the shadows to do what you need them to do, when you want them to do it.

Frequency hit it right on the head. The 2nd picture is visually much more appealing through better composition, but the bottom of the the cathedal in shadow really hinders the overall effect. I do realize that you can't always get the shadows to do what you need them to do, when you want them to do it.

Ya I will try time it better next time

Most reactions

New Topics

Back