Cathedral of St. John The Baptist, Savannah, Georgia...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While driving from north Carolina to St. Augustine on Monday, I decided to peel off I-95 and head into Savannah. What a great city to shoot.

Lately, I've been getting into shooting churches and doing them up in black & white:

14411359042_7552eb89ed_c.jpg

If you ever get to Savannah, this is an amazing structure to shoot...

Steve...this is a beautiful shot...I've been to Georgia once but nowhere near the beautiful spots there. We have friends over there so maybe there might be a chance. If I ever go, I will. I will put this in my bucket list for photography...

Nice shot Steve. I like these buildings too.

Is the color version TOO busy? I like the BW but wonder what the color looks like just for comparison.

Is the color version TOO busy? I like the BW but wonder what the color looks like just for comparison.

I didn't save the color version before converting it to black and white, so I had to edit the original file anew. Consequently, the crop on this one may be slightly different than in the B&W version:

14433874513_11fc975b9e_b.jpg

Nice. Lot to see in the color as well. I overnited in Savannah coming back from the Keys in late April. Stayed in the old town but weather wasn't ideal. I'll stop again next May and do a couple days. And google that church.

Nice. Lot to see in the color as well. I overnited in Savannah coming back from the Keys in late April. Stayed in the old town but weather wasn't ideal. I'll stop again next May and do a couple days. And google that church.

It's pretty epic.

About a block away is Colonial Park Cemetery. It closed to internments in 1853. It's pretty cool to shoot, as well...

Is this the church that they are doing renovations to right now? I was down in Savannah on Sunday and narrowly missed getting soaked. Church was letting out when I walked past a few of the churches. BTW, love the photos

Edit: Nevermind. I used Google and it's not the same church that I was thinking of but it's still a beautiful church

Very nicely done! I was there on Tuesday. Although my result is not nearly the high caliber of yours. How'd you manage to get a pic without people walking right in front of you? Or did you cut them out in photoshop?

$Savannah14.jpg

I didn't save the color version before converting it to black and white, so I had to edit the original file anew. Consequently, the crop on this one may be slightly different than in the B&W version:

I prefer the color version over the black and white.

Either one is 'print worthy'!!!

What was your equipment set-up for this photo? And if you ever feel like making a video of your post-processing, let me know....I'll want to watch!!!

Scott (do you need permission to do these) B

Most reactions

New Topics

Back