CC My Picture

Takymoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This picture was taken with my Nikon d40. I just got it a few weeks ago, so let me know what I can do a lot better! Thanks.

2-19-09.jpg

*BTW the picture is for my g/f's class hence the date at the top, also it was snowing*

The white looks blue to me, but I still like the pic. Maybe adjust the WB and see if it looks a little better....

The white looks blue to me, but I still like the pic. Maybe adjust the WB and see if it looks a little better....

Hmm on my computer the snow looks white. It was a very cloudy/snowy day, so the snow won't be as bright.

Anyone else think the snow looks blue? Thanks for the comment!

I think it's a little underexposed due to the snow confusing the camera's metering, the snow looks gray. If you have photoshop, go into levels and drag the white slider to the left, should bring some white back into the scene.

Also I would crop out some of the sky, there's really no need for that much. I would also crop out the trees on the right, they lead the eye away from the barn.

Other than that, great capture

I think it's a little underexposed due to the snow confusing the camera's metering, the snow looks gray. If you have photoshop, go into levels and drag the white slider to the left, should bring some white back into the scene.

Also I would crop out some of the sky, there's really no need for that much. I would also crop out the trees on the right, they lead the eye away from the barn.

Thanks! I'll play around with that in photoshop!

Chairman approves of this message! Nice shot overall though, for sure.

It's a nice photo, but you could improve it. It's not necessary to crop the trees out, as they make a nice composition. I can see that the tree on the right is cut, and too close to the edge. Also, I would prefer the house to be situated more to the left to make the composition even (house, trees). Good luck ;)

Its nice, but isn't evocative of yellow snow.
Edit: White.

If I were taking this shot, I may have left just a little less blank space up at the top of the shot, otherwise it looks great to me! I really like it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back