What's new

CC needed on a shallow DoF shot

Pretty cool concept, do you have it on color too?

My carpet that the guitar is laying on is pea soup green. I didn't keep the color version for that reason.
 
Being a musician, I like it. I down loaded it into PS and did an auto levels adjustment. It did a subtle contrast bump that brought out a little more detail. Other than this, I would print it as is.
 

Attachments

  • $guitar dof.webp
    $guitar dof.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 116
If you're asking for feedback on the DOF, you did well. Thumbs up!

If you're asking for feedback on the picture, honestly... it's cliche, seems underexposed, lacks contrast, and the rug is kinda weird. For "one of these shots"... and I've seen hundreds of them... this is on the low side of the scale for quality execution and composition. If you like "this kind of shot", I'd say spend some more time looking at other examples and try again.
 
Wooden color of the guitar and pea soup green :won't they make a good combo? please check whether that still in the recycle bin ;)
 
If you're asking for feedback on the DOF, you did well. Thumbs up!

If you're asking for feedback on the picture, honestly... it's cliche, seems underexposed, lacks contrast, and the rug is kinda weird. For "one of these shots"... and I've seen hundreds of them... this is on the low side of the scale for quality execution and composition. If you like "this kind of shot", I'd say spend some more time looking at other examples and try again.

Diz-ACTLY right, manaheim.
 
If you're asking for feedback on the DOF, you did well. Thumbs up!

If you're asking for feedback on the picture, honestly... it's cliche, seems underexposed, lacks contrast, and the rug is kinda weird. For "one of these shots"... and I've seen hundreds of them... this is on the low side of the scale for quality execution and composition. If you like "this kind of shot", I'd say spend some more time looking at other examples and try again.

Diz-ACTLY right, manaheim.

It has to happen now and again. Something about a blind squirrel finding a nut... :)
 
I would re-shoot it on something more interesting for a background. Just because it's out of focus doesn't mean it's invisible!

I would also think hard about what I want as the subject, it's not at all clear to me that you've got a particularly strong part of the guitar in focus as the natural subject. Your instinct to have the strings cross the frame on a diagonal is solid, think also about what kind of diagonal you'd like in the frame (I would not have chosen that particular line-across-the-frame, but it's your picture, not mine).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom