CC on natural lighting pic of my baby

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm hoping to get some CC on the new "spot" I found to snap pics in our home. Don't mind the dog toy, part of our xmas tree, and open blinds in the background. lol I'm trying to find a spot indoors with enough natural light coming in to take a hopefully decent photo for xmas cards when my new lenses arrive. I should have inched him back a tad more to get away from the harsh light on his shirt.. but as far as the face goes... yay or nay? Any other CC is welcome. :) Thanks!

DSC_0862.jpg

Definitely going to set something up behind him for the "real shoot" lol

no other input? is the lighting here worth doing the song and dance to set up a backdrop and possible props, etc?

frommrstomommy said:
no other input? is the lighting here worth doing the song and dance to set up a backdrop and possible props, etc?

Not really light needed to be higher and maybe baby turned slightly to the right i dont normally comment on baby shots because i can upset people easily

It's a cute picture, but my eyes are being drawn to the bottom of the picture with all the bright light. It looks blown out to me. Could you move the baby away from teh light source and use a reflector to redirect that light?

Put a plain white sheet over the window. It will really help soften the light.

Yes, you have some really good light here. You will have to play with what times of the day will work best if you have no additional light to add. The bottom third of this image is blown, so positioning of the baby will be very important. A reflector will be your good friend and a semi sheer curtain will also be needed.

Thank you for the input! I'll have to find a sheet for the window. I could have set him further back with no issue. At first I was just trying to get his face out of the bright light because he was squinting. lol I think I'll try this a bit earlier in the day next time when it wont be quite as wildly bright.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back