CC Please... Getting there???

Lynnzora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I'm baack! I've been on this site before but I've been so swamped with work, family stuff, and trying shoot as much as I can, that I haven't been able to post for like 3 months or so. I would like to start out with a little C&C. What do you think about these photos? Likes/dislikes? What would you have done differently? Things I need to work on. All comments are welcome.

Also if you can see my post about shooting in very low light. I need help with that! Need to know what I shold be using?... Anyway, hope to hear from ya.

Lynn

wed15.jpg

wed9sp.jpg

Brandy27.jpg

Brandy30.jpg

Oh looking at the first one I think that it needs to be cropped. Probably taking some off the right...

I love #2. Don't hate me because I may be reading the capture wrong. Aside from really liking the exposure and composition, I love the emotional quality to it. But to me it totally reads that she is stomping off in a huff, and he is all "baby, what did I do"...well that's the stroy in my mind. But the image definately has a story.
#3 is also a very nice image.

Cool thanks. Yeah she was dragging him all over the place but I don't think there's a right or a wrong way to interpret a capture. Who knows what was going on in their heads or what they were talking about. :) Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm open to any suggestion on how to make my photos better. #3 was shot in a poorly lit mall. I was able to bring out the colors in photoshop.

Oh looking at the first one I think that it needs to be cropped. Probably taking some off the right...

I would crop the other way, the left is blown out.

The second of the series is a real winner. :)

Aww thanks guys.

I would crop the other way, the left is blown out.

I was always told to crop the part they are turned way from... That there should be more room in the direction their facing. What do you think? Would the picture look weird if I cropped from the left?

Hey, you're correct, you should technically crop the side they aren't looking towards. Ideally you should have moved yourself more to the right of them so the gazebo doesn't become a distracting background. Don't be afraid to position people where you need them! Overall good stuff though :]

oh and one last thing, picture 3 has just a little too much skin-brushing for me. you want to retain the natural skin look while removing slight imperfections, not make your skin super mannequin-like

love #2...great shot, and the color treatment suits it well!
nice job!

Thanks for the comments. Just trying to grow as a photog. It's really a lot of fun!

I was always told to crop the part they are turned way from... That there should be more room in the direction their facing. What do you think? Would the picture look weird if I cropped from the left?

You're completely right, I missed that at first. Too bad the left is so blown out.

love all the photos. you really capture a story well. i love every expression.
number three is beautiful. the shot and the woman! love it!

just curious, what kind of lens did you use?

I absolutely love number 2. Gorgeous.

The other ones are great too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back