CC please

mcmartinez84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to a park nearby and took these. Any CC appreciated. I'm looking to improve in most areas of photography :)

These are all SOOC shot with a 50mm on a D3000 in broad daylight (in case it isn't obvious ;) ).

310468_10100718573504965_23403358_61496620_1766544908_n.jpg

312826_10100718573854265_23403358_61496622_1188296534_n.jpg

313820_10100718574762445_23403358_61496628_826840062_n.jpg

#1 I don't really care for, the DOF is too shallow to do much for it and the tree you're showcasing doesn't really seem to have anything unique.
#2 is a good use of lines and repetition, 2 things that help make a strong composition, but given the shot you're trying to accomplish I think you should crop it to center the path as much as possible.
I like the composition in #3. Good focus and DOF, and the flower is a great subject, but it looks a little under exposed (still my favorite of the group).

On the contrary, I like the first one a lot. It's a view that you don't see a lot, and it also gives a cool almost dizzying effect.

#1 I don't really care for, the DOF is too shallow to do much for it and the tree you're showcasing doesn't really seem to have anything unique.
I like the dreamy quality and the few yellow leaves in there.

If more were in focus, would it significantly improve the pic? What sort of things would make a pic like this more interesting? Crazy branches? Animals in the tree? More trees in it instead of just the one? (I don't mean to sound like a jerk. I'm just throwing stuff out there.)

#2 is a good use of lines and repetition, 2 things that help make a strong composition, but given the shot you're trying to accomplish I think you should crop it to center the path as much as possible.

Better?

aa2.jpg

I like the composition in #3. Good focus and DOF, and the flower is a great subject, but it looks a little under exposed (still my favorite of the group).
Thanks! Shooting in RAW and SOOC, I think a lot of my pics look either underexposed (even when everything is, according to the camera, set properly) or just kinda blah with their colors. I almost always add some saturation when I post-process. I frequently fiddle with the white balance since Auto isn't perfect and I'm too lazy to set it all of the time.

Thanks again for the CC! :D

On the contrary, I like the first one a lot. It's a view that you don't see a lot, and it also gives a cool almost dizzying effect.

Thanks! The alternate view is kinda what I was going for. I'm not particularly artsy, so I'm just trying stuff at this point. :)

My other shot of the same bunch of trees was this and it seems a bit more typical than looking up. (And looks like it needs some sharpening as well.)
aa4.jpg

I like the cropped version of the path, but remember not to have the horizon in the center of the picture. Since the path is the focus, maybe try it taking up 2/3 of the frame? It does look better centered vertically though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back