CC please

my black and white conversion needs tweeking
What it really needs is some contrast; right now it is almost all mid-tones. Get the WB of the colour version corrected and then use that to guide your monochrome conversion. Find something in the original that is white and make sure that it is white in the conversion, and likewise for the black. There are thousands of tutorials on-line on how to do this; find one that works for you.

Selective color isn't ALWAYS bad... My photographer for my maternity shoot did an excellent job with a blue ribbon around my belly. It just requires a very particular image. I agree that this is not one of those images but it would e great in all B&W.

Nope, thats still bad. You just like it because its you :)

Rosy, your B&Ws do need help. How are you making them now?
with a FREE action i downloaded to CS5 -

can you edit it - and post and tell me what you did, please

my black and white conversion needs tweeking
What it really needs is some contrast; right now it is almost all mid-tones. Get the WB of the colour version corrected and then use that to guide your monochrome conversion. Find something in the original that is white and make sure that it is white in the conversion, and likewise for the black. There are thousands of tutorials on-line on how to do this; find one that works for you.

thank you :)

just watched - will read more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Nelly Neros BWs :) Free action set on her flickr.:thumbup:

just re-did, still need practice, but tell me what you think

I'm, quite obviously, in the minority here, but damn... I love the original in color! :)

WWHHEEEEE - i am as happy as maxwell the pig from the geico commercial - wwwhhhheeeeeee

Its underexposed, to start, so you need to bring it up and color balance it. Then process it to black and white. I'm not sure what action your using, but its really muddy, that might be because of the under-exposed ness though.

one of these days..........

will try some more - thank you bossy

I actually really like the color version too-

Most reactions

Back