cc please

Overall, nicely done. There are a few niggles that I'll mention: The bride's hands seem a bit... "unposed". The groomsman, second from right seems to be looking at something completely different than everyone else, and all three bride's maids appear to not know what to do with their hands. Depending on whether or not there was a reason for the order, I might have been inclined to move the groomsmen around so that they were in height order, and you cropped the near foot off the right-hand groomsmen.

Those as a I said are MINOR points. You nailed the exposure and everyone's got a good expression. which is all that the client is going to care about.

Thank you for the help.

THANK YO!!!

I am doing my Nice's wedding in Oct. and tips like these REALLY help!

My cc would be that there is no contrast. I think the shadows need to be darker to add some contrast, otherwise it looks a little washed out.

I think the composition could've had better balance if the men had been posed at an angle similar to the women. If they were turned with their left shoulders more to the camera it should have brought them standing closer together and not so spread out. Then maybe they could've fit to the left of the edge of the brick wall over to the right and that plain white wall would've been out of the frame. Then you'd need to keep an eye on those plaques propped at the windows so they're in a place that worked with their head placement (or ask if you can temporarily move that plaque to the right).

The plant to the left seems to have dropped some leaves; would've been good to ask ahead of time about doing a quick sweep or pick those up off the floor.

I think it could use more contrast and the men’s side seems a bit heavy. Posing them sideways and maybe moving the bridesmaids closer would even it out.

My cc would be that there is no contrast. I think the shadows need to be darker to add some contrast, otherwise it looks a little washed out.
thats what i was thinking.. just a little more contrast is needed... a little washed out..and spread the women a bit more for balance..

Ok let’s start .. I don’t do people photography.
So my cc is more finished image on what would I do.
The flowers petals on the floor, ok I know that are part of the scene but I’d clone them out
First man, on his r there is a splash of white... same clone out
Last man he has either a really bad case of no or has plants growing out of his side
Ok this is pixel peeping but sooner or later someone will
I think the photo is v good and know I could not do it. I do large panorama photography and have to pix peep

If you decide to say to hell with me I really don’t mind,

your image your rules

Yes on the contrast. In addition to what vintage, tirediron and photo lady mentioned about the posing, I think that part of the problem with them not seeming aligned is that the b&g are not centered with the trellis/arbor and also the groom and groomsmen all wearing identical suits makes it seem even more heavy on that side. Not that symmetry is required but in this pose, some minor tweaks could have made it more symmetrical and less lopsided.

Not related specifically to your photo - Am I the only one who really dislikes the blue suit trend for weddings? Give me a classic black tux any time. I can't help but flash back to the 70's prom and wedding photos with men in colored tuxes and how dated they look now. A classic black suit or tux never goes out of style. Wedding photos from the 50's and 60's age so well. Wedding photos from the 70's, not so much.

Last edited:

I'd say, find the 7 differences. Sorry my reaction is a bit (too) late. Flash light, harsh flash light, the big culprit and besides that a not really flawless editing of the photo. I don't know which "technique" has been applied, but I'm certainly not an admirer of that hazy and almost bleached out look, but perhaps the customer is completely in love with it and ultimately it's all about that. Ofcourse the hectic pace of a wedding must be great, but still I believe it's good to pay more attention to something like the tip of a shoe that isn't in the frame, but as a lot of things it will hardly be noticed by most customers. I personally don't like messy photos, so confetti etc. on the floor I'd indeed get rid of in post. Of course this photo cannot be taken again, but I think a lot can be won in the final editing by carefull burning and dotching! Mine is a quick, hence not perfect edit on a jpeg image. I never shot a wedding in my time as a pro photographer, no need to and it has never been my wish to do something like that, so yes, for me this is easy talking. :allteeth: All of this is by no means personal, don't misunderstand me, only my own opinion. Good luck!

View attachment 179490

Last edited:
this darker version in itself makes such a huge difference..now they standout...

apparently credit for the edit goes to gk fotographie.

Most reactions

Back