CC roses

tdiprincess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mikeandbrittsadventures.shutterfly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I had some fun with my new baby :) D70s... I cropped these and fiddle with PS. I did most of these in semi-auto, I think 1 was manual focus.

#1-shot in: f/6.3, 1/80, iso 200. on board flash was on with a light in the background also. I did crop this. I didn't do much else PS wise..
closeupofrose.jpg

#2-a row of 3. shot in: f/6.3, 1/60, iso 200. Again, I cropped it and left it at that.
cropofbunchofrosebuds.jpg

#3-the 3 together, kinda in a heart shape.. same settings as #2. also cropped.
fixedbunchofroses.jpg

I'd like advice on the lighting and the cropping. I was just fiddling around today. It was my first true shots with the baby. I will probably play with the same subject matter in the next few days as I learn a few tips from you guys :wink:
Thank you!

Test shots. Yay! :meh:

The first one has sharp focus, the other two don't.
Difuse your flash, with anything that will enlarge and soften it. Paper, paper towel, platic milk jug. Use your noodle and make it work.

Watch your arbitrary crops. Try to maintain normal framing sizes. Don't get that inbetween square and rectangluar crop. It should be one or the other, not some wishy washy inbetween. Try to keep balanced space between your subjects and the edge of the image. Unwanted tension is created when your subjects are close to falling off the edge. This isn't a hard fast rule, but pay attention to it and learn when it works and when it doesn't.

Thank you for the help! I will definitely use the noodle next time! Thank also for the tips on cropping. I think I'll get back at it in the next few days again and see if I can make them better...
and yes.. that'll mean YAY! More test pics! :meh:

The first picture was ok, the second and third wasn't doing anything for me. I agree with Bitter about the flash. I've been really iffy with my stock flash, too much light where the main picture is, not enough light in the background.

The first picture was ok, the second and third wasn't doing anything for me. I agree with Bitter about the flash. I've been really iffy with my stock flash, too much light where the main picture is, not enough light in the background.

I completely agree. the stock flash is very bright but it's too direct.. I will play around with diffusing it. Someone mentioned it my other thread about playing around with different lights in the background and closer and such that may help..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back