Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Aruba Tikki Hut by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

CC always welcome.
Nikon D3100
Nikkor 50mm 1.8G AF-S

My own personal CC on this photo is that the background is very busy, I look at that as an uncontrollable factor with the people and the chairs stacked up. Also, I cut a bit of the main focus's tiki hut off.

DSC_0227 by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

DSC_0223_2 by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

Last edited:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for pointing out your own C&C. Couldn't have said it better! I think you know the things to work on with this one, otherwise its a nice image. Has a commercial feel to it, like a promo shot for a hotel resort brochure.

Its underexposed, the whites are grey..but yeah...I agree...seems pretty close to becoming a resort brochure photo...

You might try to isolate that one hut by changing your POV and that will allow it to be separated from the other huts.
Shoot later in the day so that you can shoot wide open.

You might try to isolate that one hut by changing your POV and that will allow it to be separated from the other huts.

It was wide open at 1.8. I was shooting around 7pm and the sunset is usually around 8pm down here, but it was a cloudy sunset so it was pretty light

That, and or add some ND filters to your bag.

Try shooting it in portrait versus landscape, that way you get the vertical elements of both the tiki hut and the palm tree. Also try using a larger aperture, which will blur out more of the background and allow the viewer to focus more on just the one hut. Great idea though!

Try shooting it in portrait versus landscape, that way you get the vertical elements of both the tiki hut and the palm tree. Also try using a larger aperture, which will blur out more of the background and allow the viewer to focus more on just the one hut. Great idea though!
Here is another photo I took that night. I have 2 more days here, I'm going exploring tomorrow to get some good pictures. However I will try to get more photos of the tikkis tonight if I have time before dinner.

Tikki Hut by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

It looks underexposed, I'll have to try to touch it up on my mac's iPhoto, wish I had PS on here

Here is my try for tonight, photos were taken around 7pm, the sun once again was blocked by clouds, so I couldn't get a good sunset photo and I felt that the sun wasn't really hurting my exposure or lighting.. Edit's were used in iPhoto's. Once again no PP here on the Mac

DSC_0227 by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

DSC_0223_2 by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back