Cell Phones

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Before the discussion questions I have to rant...

Went to alltel kiosk at walmart to get a new cell phone. I've had alltel for 3 yrs no problems, have 3 lines that my family shares under my name (much cheaper that way) and I have upgraded my phone 3 times, and my moms 3 times...and have paid my bill every month on time for three years straight...so you would think one could upgrade their phone whenver the heck they wanted to but nooooooooooooooo for some retarded reason I have to wait like 6 more months before I can get a new one even though I've had the current phone for a year...which makes no since at all b/c you'd think they would want you to upgrade and sign a new two year contract wouldn't you??? I'm goin to the real alltel tommorow to gripe. Oh and to top it off you can go to any walmart and get an alltel phone at completely different prices (one phone is free at one store and costs 40 at another)....and alltel sells them for double that...IDIOTS :lol:

Okay so that got me thinkin, why cell phone provider do you use and what current phone do you have???

My current phone is the Kyocera Se44...aka the slider:
kyocerase44.jpg

Is that a good phone??? Cuz it was one that I was looking at...but then decided I liked the LG LX5550 better....although now I'm in love with the Motorola V710...

it's an ok phone. it seems to do all the stuff i want it to do.

you can read my review here:
http://www.epinions.com/content_182603124356

i almost got the LG lx5550 also, but decided it was too big and that i didn't really need the advanced features that it offered over the motorola.

Sprint

Sanyo 5500 (picture/video)

No complaints - my three oldest have the same one each...no complaints either

I use Sony Ericsson k500i
sonyericssonk500i.gif

And I am in PlusGSM :) my whole family use this provider and my dad signed his first contract with them 8 yrs ago.

Okay so that got me thinkin, why cell phone provider do you use and what current phone do you have???
All phones are evil and mobile phones are created in the devil's rectum.

I'm thinking of getting one though. :meh:

we had the same problem with verizon wireless a few years ago and that is why we switched to sprint. the only way we could update our phones was if we paid the "msrp" which was always about $400 even if the phone was only $40. with our last phones we had to wait two years to get new ones and about a year and a half in all the phones stopped holding their charges so they were pretty useless. we switched to sprint

SanyoPM8200.gif

Primary handset:
00034847.jpg

Backup:
v60.gif

Was happy with Cingular for two years. Trying out T-Mobile now. Not a fan of two year contracts.

I just wanted a phone that worked good without all the bells and whistles but those are impossible to find anymore. So photogoddess and I got LG VX6100's

17-1978.jpg

My only complaint is all the pictures it takes of the inside of my pocket ;)

Nice variety of phones here...love the bright color of Santino's :)

I just got off the phone with the Alltel psychos and the deal is that the slider I bought was on a special sale, so when I signed the new two year contract that meant I had that phone for two years...which no one bothered to mention...yet interestingly I've purchased new phones in the past with no problems and they were on sale too...it's stupid really. So I'm searching ebay for a sweet Motorola V710 (has bluetooth and an mp3 player built in)...once I find a good deal, I'm taking it to alltel and switching, then once the two year contract expires, they best be begging me to stay :lol: CONSUMER POWER...eh, probably not :lol:

Most reactions

Back