Cemetery / cc is welcome

Having the names so sharp adds a lot of humanity to it.

Cemetery shots are hard. They are beautiful peacful places, but the beauty and peace is very hard to capture on "film". You have done a very nice job seeing and capturing an excellent mood with a lot of excellent composition elements. Really very well done, overall.

I would say only a few things to improve...

1. I would have either looked to crop the tree less... or more... where you just bumped it a bit on the edges of the frame, it's not certain if you are looking to make this a part of the subject or something that lends to the overall feel of the image only. This makes it a little distracting.
2. I would have adjusted the crop to give a bit more visual tension (throw the tree off-center and put the crow somewhere where our eyes are drawn to it). The crow is really your subject here, and he needs to be more obvious.
3. On a technical point, I would have tossed a bit mroe contrast into the mix and a hair of sharpening. The image is dull. It needs a hair more pop.
4. I think you also focused on the stone in front... I would have tried to focus on the stone under the crow... but you may just have not had time.

Here is my try at it... note that without the high-quality image to work from it's not perfect, but it gives you a sense.

Also, I think I would have shifted my position more to change the way the tree was in the frame... probably more to the right to balance out the crow and lead the eye through the frame a bit more, but I think something along these lines also works reasonably.

cemeterycrow.jpg

I have cemetery as well. It Vienna. CnC encouraged...

zfh_wien006.jpg

I like the original image, especially the composition.

Good work!!

Great shot. It kinda looks like the national cemetery that's a couple of miles from my place, Is this Tahoma?

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

That's a great shot, you took a unoriginal picture and made it original. Anyone can do cemetery shots, but not everyone can get a crow and a dead looking tree in contrast to the grave stones, it really sets the mood in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back