CF cards

I am of the opinion that you should get the fastest card you can in case you find yourself in need of using burst mode for something. With that in mind, I stumbled on this rather cool site that does performance testing with different camera and card combos.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9406

The SanDisk Extreme Ducati 8GB was the fastest at 9.546MB/sec

I am in agreement with you that you should get the fastest you can. However, you are limited to how fast the camera can shoot and write photos.

I just reread the original statement. I thought you only had the D40 (hence D40 name), but I see you upgraded. Ducati only has 5 mb/s write speed faster than the extreme IV. If you have the extra money, then go for it. However, I highly doubt you are going to use the 22 photo burst mode unless you are a paparazzi.

I used a ultra II for the longest time on the D200 and never complained. What I would be worried about is buying another battery before getting something like the Extreme IV. Your battery will run out before you use the whole card. Plus it's always nice to have a backup.

If you are not a paparazzi shooter, and are more prone to waiting for the right moment to get the perfect shot, then the Ducati would be a waste of money (IMO).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back