What's new

chain attachment points

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
18,505
Reaction score
4,853
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There were already some 1/2" holes in the bucket ends (probably for manufacturing) so I drilled them out to 5/8" because I already had the mounting studs. I also had some 5/16" cold-shuts which I welded in the eye. I used jamb-nuts on the back so they can swivel. Second shot shows how it would work with a slip hook in it.

DSC_0006 - Version 2.webp
DSC_0007 - Version 2 (1).webp


Shots: Nikon D5000 with 18-55mm lens, on my Velbon tripod, fill flash by Nikon 910 behind a shoot-through white umbrella, fired with a corded remote shutter release.
 
Looks excellent!
 
Neat idea... I like the grab hooks just because then I can shorten up the chain as required. Nice work.
 
Grab hooks won't fit. The large ones take up more space than the eye, and the small ones won't fit on the ring.
Looks excellent!
Thank you!
 
I thought about those weld-on grab hooks, but when I had the bucket in the garage, I didn't have hooks to weld on. I used what I had.

I'm sure someday I will wish I had put on grab hooks.
 
I thought about those weld-on grab hooks, but when I had the bucket in the garage, I didn't have hooks to weld on. I used what I had.

I'm sure someday I will wish I had put on grab hooks.
Fair enough; I may take a page out of your book when I take the 414 down to rebuild the hydraulic pump this winter.
 
Fair enough; I may take a page out of your book when I take the 414 down to rebuild the hydraulic pump this winter.

TAKE????

A page out of MY BOOK?????

Without paying a royalty??????!!!!!!!?????

Oh, o.k., for you, no fee required.

But I would like to see pictures.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom