Chain of Fire C&C welcome

seakritter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rust is a slow burning fire that consumes steel, the look I was going for here was was portray that here, as if the chain was wood being consumed in a fire. I hope you like it , C& C welcome

Attachments

• $image-3083413085.jpg
    $image-3083413085.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 111
I appreciate your vision, which is scientifically correct too; rusting is oxidation...burning is also oxidation; so rusting is burning... the black ones synergize your idea since they resemble residue of burning

Regards :D

Frequency said:
I appreciate your vision, which is scientifically correct too; rusting is oxidation...burning is also oxidation; so rusting is burning... the black ones synergize your idea since they resemble residue of burning

Regards :D

Thank you very much for your validation.

I like the concept, and also the composition and color. However, on the tops of many of the links there are areas with no detail - they look like burned-out highlights that were darkened and colored, but still have no detail. This really detracts from the image for me. If you shot it in raw you could try to recover some of it, although it looks extensive enough for me to think it won't help that much, unless you upped the contrast and lost the detail that way, in which case you probably could recover.

The links do look a lot like charcoal briquettes burning.

rlemert said:
The links do look a lot like charcoal briquettes burning.

That is the look that I was going for, thank you.

KenC said:
I like the concept, and also the composition and color. However, on the tops of many of the links there are areas with no detail - they look like burned-out highlights that were darkened and colored, but still have no detail. This really detracts from the image for me. If you shot it in raw you could try to recover some of it, although it looks extensive enough for me to think it won't help that much, unless you upped the contrast and lost the detail that way, in which case you probably could recover.

I did shoot it in raw format, the the shot is made up by combining numerous ver's of the shot to arrive at this point, if this were a fire of sorts there would be such areas, at least in my mind.

nicely done.... conveys the concept very well! Cool shot!

cgipson1 said:
nicely done.... conveys the concept very well! Cool shot!

Thank you so much that means a lot to me, I so glad you like it.

Just wanted to share the original, so you guys could compare the difference.

Attachments

• $image-1262984297.jpg
    $image-1262984297.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 116

Most reactions

New Topics

Back