Champagne Supernova

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dunno why, but that's what I thought when I saw the pic. :)

chapagne supernova.jpg

I think that's a fitting title. Pretty interesting shot. By chance, is that a chandelier?

Thanks! Yes, it is indeed a chandellier... in the Boston Symphony Hall, actually.

And what did you do exactly to create this effect?
And do you want me to go put the missing "m" into the title?

And what did you do exactly to create this effect?
And do you want me to go put the missing "m" into the title?

Oh shoot on the "m". Yes, please, thanks! That would be appreciated. :)

As for the effect, I started out zoomed in and then zoomed out as the shutter was open. A trick I learned on TPF, of course. :)

Word looks nicer with the "m", don't you think so, too? ;)

And hey, yes, this technique makes me wish my lens worked more smoothly. But it stops and jumps in the process, which never allows me to get smooth, unshaken, "zoomers" like this one here. :(

Champagne should really have three "M"s and a silent "Q". ;)

What kind of lens do you have that has stops and jumps? Mine isn't the smoothest thing on the planet, but none of my lenses actually stop or jump. Or do you mean just those subtle spots where it doesn't flow QUITE as smooth as a transition like this might demand?

My lens kinda does that too... I actually was employing a technique I learned in Karate for breaking boards, oddly enough. The idea being that to break a board you must not hit the board, you must hit the floor under the board. It isn't quite the same, but if you keep the same mental discipline you can kind of power through minor hitches.

I know... weird. :)

btw... "zoomers". <chuckle>

^^^ ha! I usually start asking for Tylenol after even one sip of the stuff. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back