What's new

Chaos in the Swamp

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Doing some processing left over from the loaner T3. I think the smaller size of this looses a bit so I only resized to 1024 as opposed to 8-900 on the long side, it still looks better to my eye at the original size, this one BEGS to be big imho.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


IMG_0123-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr
 
It's nice but again I'm looking for something marginally identifiable/more in focus to anchor the pic. Something to take it beyond all blur and motion. The blue is as close as it comes for that.
 
I sharpened the lower left and blue area some to try to give a little focus to all of the madness.

 
Thanks for your thoughts and the edit Mike, where'd it go though? :( I saw it late last night on my ipod but wanted to look on the computer this morning.

I uploaded the original size (HUGE lol), I think all of these lose something when I resize but especially ones like this where there aren't any solid blocks.

IMG_0123-L by Judi Smelko, on Flickr
 
I like it and I would like to see Mike's edit. Somebody needs to learn me something, I need to expand beyond birds and sports. I actually tried to use a flash the other day and failed miserably :(
 
Judi, it does indeed look like chaos. It feels like what you would see as you are being chased and running for your life.
 
Thanks Bill, hopefully he will repost it! It's awesome that you want to get outside your hula hoop and try other stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Thanks Eric, I agree!
 
With certain images, the subject IS the lack of a specific subject. The way Judi does these pans, the image becomes a texture play, with the various streaks and blurs creating a texture of lines. There is enough pattern there that we can recognize the scene underlying the image, but the streaks and blurs filter out much detail. This changes our ability to perceive, and leaves us with focusing on the visual pattern created by the lines. Mike Lamb, if you're needing a focus, then the focus would be the patch of blue water visible in the lower half of the image. That is where the blur is least, and yet, that is the less important part, for the branches on both sides of this water are the real players in the image (at least, for me).
 
$edit blur.webp Sorry. I deleted it from Photbucket.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom