What's new

Chasmatic

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LOG%20-%20008.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.

Thank ye.
 
You weren't kidding when you said you were going outside to get a log to shoot...lol
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
I absolutely was not. :)
 
I sooo thought that was a joke!! :lmao:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
I never joke about getting wood.
 
No, no.... and the EXIF is lying. What he didn't tell us was that he shot this log purely under starlight, and that his ISO was 200,000 not 200. He also had to guess at the focus because it was so dark. Right, Chris?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
No, no.... and the EXIF is lying. What he didn't tell us was that he shot this log purely under starlight, and that his ISO was 200,000 not 200. He also had to guess at the focus because it was so dark. Right, Chris?

Well... I didn't want to come off as bragging about the D800 again... :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
In all seriousness...

This was a log that a buddy of mine had cut up from a tree that fell down in his back yard. Ants had eaten the heck out of the inside of the thing and these two logs were pretty much a mess of caverns and holes (and dead ants). The latter my wife was horrified to find me vacuuming out of the log inside the house. :)

Anyway I thought it was neat so I spared it the fate of the fiery end that all logs meet in my wood stove this winter... been meaning to shoot some pictures of it all season long, so finally today the kids are out playing so I took the time.

Here are a few more...

==2==
LOG%20-%20001.jpg


==3==
LOG%20-%20016%20bw.jpg


==4==
LOG%20-%20024%20bw.jpg


==5==
LOG%20-%20045.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
It is a log?

Yeah.

I actually meant to tell mish to keep her yap shut and not expose my "secret", but I figured it would actually be pretty obvious what it was.

Was it not?
 
Needs more drama. Like a dead ant or two with their mandibles open. At high magnification of course. If Charlie can make a dead wasp look good, surely you can gussy up the ants? ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
Needs more drama. Like a dead ant or two with their mandibles open. At high magnification of course. If Charlie can make a dead wasp look good, surely you can gussy up the ants? ;)

I hate bugs. HATE!

So not too exciting on the log pics, eh?

Ah well. The log is presently burning in a fire as punishment for its sins.
 
Quick--run dow to the corner!!! There's an exterior wall with some fresh paint that is going to be drying TODAY!!!!!!!!! Make sure to shoot in raw mode! Use the 35 to 100mm focal length range, and get CLOSE!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
Quick--run dow to the corner!!! There's an exterior wall with some fresh paint that is going to be drying TODAY!!!!!!!!! Make sure to shoot in raw mode! Use the 35 to 100mm focal length range, and get CLOSE!

So you're saying... Boring? :)
 
A peduan Jedi like me cant criticize a bunny jedi master like you.

I like this picture :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom