Cheap and cheerful macro lens for nikon d5100?

Seventen

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.

I am looking for a cheap and cheerful macro lens for the Nikon D5100. It dont have to autofocus as use manual a lot anyway, But it does need to have decent reach maybe 100mm range? Never tried macro thats why was seeing what is cheap and cheerful that could give me a taste into it without paying for a great piece of glass.

Thanks in advance.

Get a set of Kenko extension tubes for your existing lens.

I did look into then but 200euro was seeming rather pricey for something that might not really do that much, a used lens as cheap as possible but up to value of 150euro would leave me with chance of selling on for a similer value if macro isnt for me.

But would the Kenko extension tubes work with the Nikon 18-55mm and Tamron 70-300mm vc usd?

Thanks for the reply

I know what is a cheap lens but I have no idea what makes a lens cheerful, please explain

Is it suppose to smile all day and tell jokes ?

A decent macro will start around 500US / 375Euro. Take your pick.

A decent macro will start around 500US / 375Euro. Take your pick.

Used lens is another good option.
My 60mm 2.8G Micro cost me 390$ and the "D" version of this lens would cost about 300$

I know what is a cheap lens but I have no idea what makes a lens cheerful, please explain

Actually I think when you take the lens cap off it says "You look marvelous, absolutely marvelous" - apparently it's a Hallmark 18-55 Billy Crystal Edition

I did look into then but 200euro was seeming rather pricey for something that might not really do that much, a used lens as cheap as possible but up to value of 150euro would leave me with chance of selling on for a similer value if macro isnt for me.

But would the Kenko extension tubes work with the Nikon 18-55mm and Tamron 70-300mm vc usd?

Thanks for the reply

Ok, I don't do macro myself so please be advised I'm not speaking from personal experience, but if your really looking to do this on a very limited budget you might want to research those Macro filter kits - you can get them dirt cheap, and if you google them I'm sure you can find plenty of folks who have reviewed them.

Actually I think when you take the lens cap off it says "You look marvelous, absolutely marvelous" - apparently it's a Hallmark 18-55 Billy Crystal Edition
:mrgreen:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for all the replies, i was thinking something like this kind of thing Nikon Micro Nikkor 60 mm F2.8 AF D Lens Mint Boxed 0018208019878 | eBay
The hello kitty i must say is quite cheerful and will need to get some of those!
Just dont feel so comfortable forking out for a nice macro lens as really dont have much interest in it but really would like to try it, if i could rent a lens i would of but no such place over here. im sure i would enjoy macro photography and will end up getting something better but just in case want something a much cheaper :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back