What's new

Cheap Lightbox Shots

max3k

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
497
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found some instructions on how to make a cheap lightbox and decided to give it a go.

Total Cost was $30 including the lights.

4627636309_614fd1767f_o.jpg



4628239032_5ae0f9de3f_o.jpg

no box is complete without a cat in it

4627635745_95ba8f54d8_o.jpg


Bearded Dragon - Camo

4627645349_1eb5ac0acf_b.jpg


The Dew

4628238768_1e103351f1_b.jpg


1962 Conn 22B Trumpet

4627633259_f04ea8b480_b.jpg



All shot at ISO100 in RAW

I adjusted WB in post but I think its still off a little. Would love suggestions to get it bright white.
 
You are definitely on the right track :)

First thing I would suggest is lose the work light. A better alternative is CF bulbs with a color temp of 5500k, you can get them from Alzo Digital.

That will help with white balance issues.

They also sell a 28" light tent for ~$50.

Cheers, Don
 
can you link me to what you're talking about?
 
Thanks!
 
I *love* the one of the lizard. I think the warmness makes it look even better, even though I guess you said the wb was off
 
Bearded Dragon - Camo

4627645349_1eb5ac0acf_b.jpg

.

This shot, awesome! The other subjects, not so much. Kinda boring, a soda can and a trumpet, but this dude---wayyyy cool!
 
I love the dragon too.. Viveza 2 is a good program for making automatic masks and changing colors and contrasts. Here's my result using just that plugin..

Also added a hideous watermark just in case.

6p0S5.jpg
 
yeah look great, nice shot of the lizard, as other have said.

i know what you mean about no box being complete without a cat, i had a similar one to that which you made sitting under the window, well the cat thought she'd like to sit on top, well the top was mostly tissue paper, thus the cat went through it and ended up inside the box. just looked up lazily
 
Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate it. Going to shoot some more stuff after my son's little league game.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom