Cheating!

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In my illustrator class I was supposed to make three drawings without using any fill. So I just made really fat lines and aligned the stroke to the inside of the shape to the point that it fills itself in.

Is that cheating? Pretty sure that's cheating.

What a stroke of genius.

Cheating is when you think of or do anything with another person when you should be doing it with your spouse , fiancé or significant other.

What you did was angle-shooting when you took advantage of ambiguously worded instructions given by an instructor.

Cheating is when you think of or do anything with another person when you should be doing it with your spouse , fiancé or significant other.

What you did was angle-shooting when you took advantage of ambiguously worded instructions given by an instructor.

6puyLtt.jpg

what's the point of this exercise?

It doesn't sound like cheating as much as not doing the work using the proper technique, or not starting over and doing it the way it's supposed to be done.

Seems like if you're supposed to do a line drawing that trying to use a wide line may not be acceptable for this assignment. I think it would be noticeable if the line is wider in places than what could be done with a single stroke of the pen, or (edit - rereading this) if you used a pen with a tip that was too wide in proportion to the size of the drawing. (If you want to use a wide tipped pen I'd think the drawing might need to be large enough so you don't end up filling in spaces.)

Last edited:
You get a F

It doesn't sound like cheating as much as not doing the work using the proper technique, or not starting over and doing it the way it's supposed to be done.

I'm still not 100% sure what the assignment's objective was. If it was to learn about paths and strokes, then I think I fulfilled the assignment nicely, and found a quality to stroke that I hadn't ever really thought about.

At the same time, I cannot conceive of a proper use for this technique other than to get around the assignment.

I did end up writing the professor, and he said it'd be ok. This all came up because I didn't read the assignment and didn't realize I couldn't use fills (I had white fills also to obstruct backgrounds). By the time I was filling stuff in using oversized strokes, I started to think maybe I should consult with him about if I should redo the assignment.

He said i'd likely be ok, but I should consider reading the assignment before starting it in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back