Check This Out! So excited!

Trekie015

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So excited! So, now I have my T3i, but I didn't a few weeks ago and about a month earlier a teacher set an experienced classmate and myself up to shoot a music video for a relatively famous awesome local singer, Kalie Shorr. Now it's on Perez Hilton's blog >here< So cool to have this incredible experience, just felt like sharing! :) :3
YAY!!!
If you have any creative advice about the video, please let me know! :mrgreen:

~Dan
[TUMP Films]

Holy epicly underexposed video, Batman!!!!

The videography looks good, but the excessive vignetting and underexposure breaks it.

That was kinda the look we were going for, but thanks for the feedback, duly noted!

Thanks for the video. Good job
my $.02 :
The slider shots look so smooth and perfect, the stationary shots look fine. BUT, Your handheld shots look a little less than pro (especially a few of the shots at the begining) - maybe some stabilizer system would help, without having to go to a tripod.
Also, you could try getting that smooth feeling by shooting handheld at 60frames and slowing it down (just make sure that if your singer is mouthing the words, have the playback of the song faster so that you can sink up the words).

As far as the underexposed thing... I don't believe you. I don't believe you sat in a room with a pencil and paper and said "hey, lets get a really underexposed video, so that it looks like my computer monitor is going out. It will be awesome." I would believe that you were trying to get an emotion to come through like passion or dulled pain or love or whatever, but it should have been done with a color scheme, not by just turning down the whole picture.

Congrats on being published on a well known website. Sorry that it was Perez Hilton.

haha, thanks for the input. My classmate was using a shoulder mount for most of the "handheld" shots though. :)

Great video. I really like it.
I also have a T3i, but I don't know how to get the same look.
Can you tell us what lenses did you use and the settings of the camera, please?

Thanks, I didn't have my T3i at the time of filming so we were using my classmate's T2i. The lens was the kit lens and some sort of macro for a few shots I think. What look do you mean? the color correcting, vignetting, and such were addressed in post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back