Photos OK to edit
_MG_5031-Edit.jpg

This fellow and his three lady companions like to check on my weeding
WorriedPheasant.jpg

Madam seems so drab compared to the male
FmPheasant-1.jpg

Searching under the bird table
Grtit-1.jpg

This above on the table for a change and not the hanging feeder or peanuts - scattering some seed down for the big ones below
Prettyboy.jpg

Every minute or so he popps his head up over the edge of the patio to check if i am still there with the camera!​

That first one is lovely! The bright colours of the bird (and the primulas) against the green really stands out.

I think they are male & female pheasants, but Fangman will confirm.

Nice shots by the way!

250Gimp is correct!
The Male has at least three in his hareem and if disturbed they all depart in a whirr of feathers down the garden at high speed with the male sounding his klaxon. They are great to watch tip-toing up the lawn to search under the feeders and even up on the patio.

Matt - I can remember well my wife's grandmother telling tales of the snow in St Johns in her youth - she married in Winipeg where my wife's father was born before coming to the UK.

250Gimp is correct!
The Male has at least three in his hareem and if disturbed they all depart in a whirr of feathers down the garden at high speed with the male sounding his klaxon. They are great to watch tip-toing up the lawn to search under the feeders and even up on the patio.

Matt - I can remember well my wife's grandmother telling tales of the snow in St Johns in her youth - she married in Winipeg where my wife's father was born before coming to the UK.

theres many a story about our snow...its sad.
i can remember seeing pictures of my dad touching the tops of telephone poles here when he was small...we still have snow btw, i don't even remember what grass looks like anymore lol.

i wish we had pheasants in our yards...we have to go in the woods and hunt them lol

I really like the first and fourth shot though!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back