www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All comments and critique please

20071102_2683.jpg

20071102_2270.jpg

20071102_2266.jpg

20071102_2263.jpg

I wore a jersey with that exact same color scheme, in high school.

Hi. Ihtink they are nice but form what i am seeing it seems they could use a bit of sharpening? possibly. I like the first one - is that the 'grey's anatomy girl'? lol

Hi Deep Spring,
#1: I think this pose would have turned out nicer if you had stepped to your right a little so you could get more of a side view instead of a straight on view.
#2: I think this is the best one. Love how he has the football positioned in his arm. Although to be nitpicky, I may have hidden the nike logo or put it right side up. Although I'm not really a fan of the red bricks as a background, they actually work somewhat here because they make me think of school more. But, I would have him move away from them more so they could be more out of focus.
#3: I'd move both this guy and the next guy away from the bricks as well. In this one, the harsh highlights on his cheek, nose & neck area take away from the photo. It's also cropped a bit close for my tastes with his head and arm almost out of the frame.
#4: I think it's cropped in a bit tight on the sides and I would have preferred him looking into at me. Also I can't tell for sure, but it almost seems like the bricks are in focus behind him.

Im sure you had a reason for choosing the brick wall for the background, but imo it doesn't work for these shots, considering they are football players I would go for a background a but more relevant, possibly on the field or in the locker room. I think it would be nice to have them pose in front of a textbook football locker (pads, hanging jersey, helmet, etc) make the locker look a bit dirty dark while the player has the light on him, it would look very dramatic. I like the cheerleader picture, the green grass reminds me of a football field even if it was not taken on one. The focus is great on the cheerleader but I agree that on the players it looks a bit soft. I feel soft works well for women but not great for football players.

Just a note, #3 and #4 are out of focus, it looks like you picked up the focus on the brick wall (It is nice and sharp)

Thank you for all the comments. The football pictures weren't really planned. We had a few minutes between the pep rallies so I asked a few of my friends if they wanted to take some shots real fast so we just went to the closest place there was.

I have to look into ti a little but I have been getting slightly soft images out of my 70-200 f/4. The cheerleader was shot with 50mm f/1.8

IMO the softness seem to work well in #2, also brick walls are not that uncommon in football stadiums, I think they work well as a background

Most reactions

New Topics

Back